Hilton - Area Office - Glasgow
4 Cadogan Square Cadogan Street
Glasgow G2 7PH
Hilton Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC) is on a path to revolutionise human hospitality in a digital world, the same way we defined hospitality from its early beginnings. We strive to deliver personalised solutions that inspire a passion for travel, and our goal is to make a lasting impression with every Hilton guest with whom we interact.
What will I be doing?
As an International Guest Assistance Specialist, you will be responsible for turning instances of service shortfalls and communication breakdowns into positive experiences for our hotel guests and Hilton Honors members.
At Hilton Reservations and Customer Care, we want to deliver peace of mind to our valued customers through personal connections because they matter and we care.
In this role, you will engage directly with Hilton guests and will serve as the first point of contact for our customers. You will have interactions with our customers to understand their needs, answer questions, and provide personalised solutions. This means being able to perform various roles, based on training provided. This includes (but is not limited to) – advising, responding to inquiries/requests, and resolving customer issues/complaints.
Every interaction is an opportunity to build trust with our guests, and convert every customer into a lifetime Hilton guest. You will live our Hilton values and HRCC tenets at every touch-point, and will be empowered to create an effortless experience by providing the right solution(s) for each customer.
More specifically, you will:
• Deliver excellent service by receiving back-to-back contacts via different communication channels throughout your shift and responding in a friendly, timely, and consultative manner, using discovery principles to uncover the customer needs and matching to the appropriate Hilton offering or solution.
• Be trained continuously in order to meet business requirements and, in time, will be able to answer queries such as, but not limited to, senior executive escalations, social media posts and price guarantee claims.
• Develop an understanding of Hilton and partner offerings (e.g. timeshares, car rentals, credit card, etc.),
• Demonstrate competency proficiency combined with meeting specific customer service goals and metrics as applicable. Examples of required metrics and competencies could include: customer satisfaction scores, first-call resolution, communication, good judgement, and customer focus.
• Demonstrate a high-level of accountability and engagement by identifying areas of opportunity to improve the customer experience and driving recommendations/solutions that improve every interaction.
• Display an ability to tactfully acknowledge service failures and identify service recovery options in order to maintain customer loyalty.
• Utilise various resources that provide information on the property (e.g. location, promotions, transportation, etc.) to offer clear and accurate details to customers.
• Effectively use tools to respond to customer inquiries, including (but not limited to) reservation requests, Hilton Honors account/promotional information, service/stay related concerns, etc.
• Be receptive to feedback and apply performance improvement suggestions quickly.
Live Organisational Tenets:
• Advocate relentlessly for the customer and share broadly
• Build systems, processes, and training to deliver exceptional experiences
• Celebrate and recognise successes
• Innovate fearlessly
• Trust each other and use good judgement
• In addition to the performance essential functions, this position offers and array of skill development opportunities through a combination of the following supportive functions, based on the specific needs and particular requirements of the department and company:
o Show team members from other areas of the company the work that is done at HRCC
o Train new team members on departmental systems and procedures
o Special projects at the direction of department management
• Attendance and active participation in training sessions, including timely and 100% completion of self-paced training modules. Initial training is approximately 4 weeks.
• Regular and punctual attendance, in conformance with the standards established by HRCC, is critical to the successful performance of this position
• Effective time management and ability to work independently in a Work-From-Home or onsite environment as applicable.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
• You think and act independently, use good judgement, and build rapport with customers.
• You deliver great customer experiences are invigorated by constant personal interaction.
• You are willing to learn and embrace Hilton values and HRCC tenets, which guide our unique style of service.
• You take ownership, are accountable, and take initiative.
• You are high-energy, positive, and have excellent communication and active listening skills, including speaking, reading, and writing fluently in both English and at least one other language (German, French, Polish or Russian).
• You possess strong service skills and can influence customers.
• You have the ability to support a flexible working schedule.
• Must have a good level of computer knowledge and be capable of navigating various programs relating to the role. Must also be knowledgeable about various Social Media platforms.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Experience in a customer service-oriented role
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Prior experience in the hospitality industry
• Professional Social Media handling
Please note team members will be required to work up two Sunday’s each month (8.00-4.00 pm) but will receive the day/s off during the week.
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Brand : Hilton Corporate
: Day Job
: Team Member
: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office